Effective Date: January 1, 2020
We collect the following categories of information from and about you:
- Contact information, such as name, postal address, email address, and phone number.
- Information regarding your lease or finance terms and monthly payment amounts, that we may obtain from third-party sources
- Information regarding the mileage on your vehicle, which is collected when you bring your vehicle to our dealership’s service department, or that we may obtain from third- party sources
- Geolocation information
- Online identifiers, such as username and IP address
- Usage information, such as how you and your device interact with our website (e. the pages you visit or the search terms you enter).
- Other information, such as your car preferences, or information regarding your potential trade-in vehicle, that you provide or that we may obtain from third-party sources
- Essential: some cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of our website without these cookies, we cannot enable appropriate content based on the type of device you are using.
- Analytics: We use Google Analytics to measure how you interact with our website and to improve your user experience to learn more about Google Analytics privacy practices and opt-out mechanisms, please visit the Google Analytics Security and Privacy Principles page at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To provide our Service
- To send you marketing communication
- To respond to your requests and inquiries
- To improve user experiences by making our website easier to use and navigation
- For other legitimate business purpose.
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may share or disclose your information to the following categories of third parties and for the following reasons:
- To third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Services and provide other administrative services to us
- To unaffiliated third parties whose products and/or services we believe might be of interest to you.
- We may share your personal information in the course of any reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our asset
- We may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government agencies, and other related third parties, in order to comply with the law, enforce our policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property or safety.
COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
Children under the age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on our Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
We provide you the opportunity to opt-out of marketing communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in email communications or by contacting us using the contact information provided below. We will process your request as soon as possible in accordance with applicable law, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe is processed.
Additionally, we may send you information regarding our Services, such as information about changes to our policies and other notices and disclosures required by law. Generally, users cannot opt-out of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature, rather than promotional.
Our website contains links to other sites. Unicars Honda is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other sites. If you have any questions about how these other sites use your information, you should review their policies and contact them directly.
NOTICE REGARDING PUBLIC POSTING AREAS
Please note that any information you include in a message you post to any public posting area is available to anyone with Internet access. If you do not want people to know your email address, for example, do not include it in any message you post publicly. PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN DISCLOSING ANY INFORMATION IN PUBLIC POSTING AREAS. DEALERSHIP IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF THE INFORMATION THAT YOU DISCLOSE IN PUBLIC POSTING AREAS.
We implement reasonable security measures to ensure the security of your personal information. Please understand, however, that no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, our dealership cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to us is done at your own risk. If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. We may post a notice via our website if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Our dealership is based in the U.S. If you chose to provide us with information, please understand that your personal information may be transferred to the U.S. and that we may transfer that information to our affiliates and subsidiaries or to other third parties, across borders, and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are visiting from the EU or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring your personal information to the U.S. and other jurisdictions which may not have the same data protection laws as the EU. We put in place appropriate operational, procedural and technical measures in order to ensure the protection of your personal information. You acknowledge you understand that by providing your personal information: (i) your personal information will be used for the uses identified above in accordance with this Policy; and (ii) your personal information may be transferred to the U.S. and other jurisdictions as indicated above, in accordance with applicable law.
In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the personal information collected via the Services.
CHOICE OF LAW
This Policy has been made in and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any conflict of law principles. Any disputes or claims not subject to the arbitration provision discussed above shall be resolved by a court located in the State of California and you agree and submit to the exercise of personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim or action.
HOW WE RESPOND TO DO-NOT-TRACK SIGNALS
At this time our website does not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about our privacy practices or this Policy, please contact us.