EPA est. MPG1
One of the hallmarks of the Civic is the way it blends power and efficiency, and the 2022 iteration won’t be different there. With an available 180 horsepower turbocharged engine, you’re sure to enjoy spirited acceleration and invigorating gear changes.
You’ll also be treated to three drive modes including Sport Mode, which you can switch into on the highway for a more thrilling trek.
It’s not yet known whether either of the two current engines equipped on the Civic will make a return. But what is known is that this sedan will earn an EPA-estimated 31 city/40 highway MPG for the baseline LX trim—a significant improvement over the previous model year.1
|2.0L 4-cylinder||158 horsepower||138 l-ft. of torque|
|1.5L turbocharged 4-cylinder||180 horsepower||177 l-ft. of torque|
Its new design also crosses over to its interior. By creating a new profile, space inside is maximized to give you and your friends 99 cubic feet of passenger volume, which is more than the previous model year. To enjoy an even more comfortable ride, you can get available comfort features, such as:
- Leather-trimmed seats
- 8-way power driver’s seat
- Dual-zone automatic climate control system
Everything inside, from buttons and controls to digital displays, has a clean layout to make it easy to view what you want and make adjustments with minimal distractions. As for those digital displays, the 2022 Civic offers a standard 7-inch color touch-screen or available 9-inch touch-screen as well as the Civic’s first all-digital LCD instrument panel, which is found in the Touring trim.
Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration are also standard for personalized connection to your phone’s messages, music, navigation, and more!
Just as with the year before, Honda Sensing® will come standard on the 2022 Honda Civic, and will include the following protection features:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™: Applies the brakes when a frontal collision seems imminent to help avoid impact.
- Road Departure Mitigation System: Provides gentle steering corrections as needed to keep you firmly on the road.
- Lane Keeping Assist System: Makes subtle steering adjustments to keep you centered in your lane.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow: Maintains a set following speed and distance between you and the car ahead, stopping and slowing as traffic calls for.
- Traffic Sign Recognition: Intelligently reads the road and warns you of detected Do Not Enter, Speed Limit, Stop, and Yield signs to keep you alerted.
Of course, you can never be too safe when traveling the unpredictable road, so the latest Civic will also have a Blind Spot Information System with Cross Traffic Monitor available. This system lets you know when vehicles are traveling or approaching your side blind zones, so you can journey with complete confidence.
31 city/40 highway/35 combined mpg rating for LX. 30 city/37 highway/33 combined mpg rating for Sport. 33 city/42 highway/36 combined mpg rating for EX. 31 city/38 highway/34 combined mpg rating for Touring. Based on 2022 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.